Independence Waiver Service Coordination provides home and community-based services for those with physical disabilities. Independence Service Coordination can help you live or remain in your home and community and remain as independent as possible.
Your HOME is where your CARE is…
You May be eligible for the Independence Waiver Service Coordination:
- Be a Pennsylvania resident
- Be 18-60 – Individuals that turn 60 while in the waiver will be able to continue to receive services through the Independence Waiver.
- Individuals who are physically disabled (but not individuals with an intellectual disability or have a major mental disorder as a primary diagnosis, or who are ventilator dependent), who reside in a Nursing Facility (NF) or the community but who have been assessed to require services at the level of nursing facility level of care.
- In addition, the disability must result in substantial functional limitations in three or more of the following major life activities: Self-care, understanding and use of language, learning, mobility, self-direction and/or capacity for independent living.
- Meet the financial requirements as determined by your local County Assistance Office.
Our services that may be available include:
- Adult Daily Living Services
- Accessibility Adaptations, Equipment, Technology and Medical Supplies
- Community Integration
- Community Transition Services
- Financial Management Services
- Home Health
- Non-Medical Transportation
- Personal Assistance Services
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- Service Coordination
- Supported Employment
- Therapeutic and Counseling Services
Providing services in the following Counties:
Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Potter, Somerset, Venango, Warren, Washington, Westmoreland